WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
Diana Shawl collects personal information in several ways:
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to purchase, buy/or redeem vouchers online.
- When you make an online purchase, and check out as a guest (in which case we merely collect transaction-based data enabling us to send your purchase to you).
- When you register for an account with us.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc..
By registering an account, you are consenting to the collection of some of your personal data. If an order is placed with us, we hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, delivery and billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfil your order.
Saved card payment details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our secure payment partner’s systems. Additionally, we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your purchase history to send you more personalised content. We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services. We always keep such data anonymously.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Diana Shawl may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfil and deliver your orders and manage your account. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates but only ever in accordance with your preferences (as detailed later on in our policy). We do not sell or provide your details to third party marketing companies.
Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve the Website design to better meet our visitors’ needs. Again, we will use this data anonymously, and in the aggregate.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service and experience.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
For example, if you’ve asked to be notified when and item comes back into stock, we won’t be able to inform you if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
There are four types of cookies:
- Website functionality cookies – These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
- Website analytics cookies – We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – When browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
By using the Website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the Website in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website.
WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website.
- Delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See what about Cookies.
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
When you register, you will be given the option to opt ‘in’ or ‘out’ of subscribing to our regular update service which will send you:
(i) Email alerts for new products, special offers, events of interest and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts will only include marketing information about Diana Shawl.
(ii) Direct mail alerts for new products, special offers, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts will only include marketing information about Diana Shawl.
We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by Diana Shawl.
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot.
HOW YOU CAN REQUEST AND, IF NECESSARY, CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION Diana Shawl MAINTAINS
You have the right to request the following:
- Request a snapshot of the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
*If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Direct marketing: You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through our channels.
For all requests relating to the above, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For registered customers, information can be amended directly through the website; after logging in using the “Sign In” menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the “My Account” section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the Website. Information may be changed online within My Account.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. To withdraw consent, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop, for reasons associated to your individual situation. We must then do so ,unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We will take care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADE MARKS
All content available on the Website, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, audio clips, data compilations, and software, and the compilation thereof (which are considered “Content” further defined below) is the property of Diana Shawl, our affiliates, our partners or our licensor.
The trade marks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Website (collectively, the “Trade Marks”) are the registered and unregistered marks of Diana Shawl, our affiliates, our licensors or our partners, in Malaysia and other countries, and are protected by Malaysia. and international trade mark laws. All or any other trademarks not owned by us, our affiliates, our partners or our licensors that appear on the Website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
Except as required under applicable law, neither the Content, the Trade Marks, nor any other portion of the Website may be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in full or in part, for any purpose without our prior written consent.
For the avoidance of doubt, Diana Shawl does not make any warranty or representation in respect of any other trade mark and all the trademarks presented at the Website belong to their respective owners.
Diana Shawl “Content” is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on the Website. Diana Shawl tries to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate and complete. Diana Shawl does not promise that Diana Shawl’s Content is accurate or error-free. Diana Shawl does not promise that the functional aspects of the Website or Diana Shawl’s Content will be error free or that the Website, Diana Shawl’s Content or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We always recommend that all users of the Internet ensure they have up to date virus checking software installed.
By posting on any of our social media channels you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute. You also grant to Diana Shawl the right to use any content you provide for its own purposes including republication in any form or media. Comments may be moderated and may take up to 72 hours to be displayed but Diana Shawl does not commit to checking all content and will not be liable for third party posts. If you have a complaint about any posts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diana Shawl reserves the right at its sole discretion not to publish, or to remove, (without limitation) any comment including those that it believes may be unlawful, defamatory, racist or libelous, incite hatred or violence, detrimental to people, institutions, religions or to people’s privacy, which may cause harm to minors, or is detrimental to the trade marks, patents and copyrighted content, contains personal data, or improperly uses the medium for promoting and advertising businesses. The Website is available to the public; information you consider confidential should not be posted to the Website.